Agriculture drones are an innovative technology that has transformed farming practices in recent years. The use of drones in agriculture has made crop monitoring and spraying more efficient, saving time and costs for farmers. In this article, we will highlight eight of the best agriculture drones in 2023 based on their features and capabilities.
1. DJI Agras T40 The DJI Agras T40 is a top-of-the-line agricultural drone that has a high payload capacity, making it ideal for spraying and spreading large areas of land. It has a 40-litre spraying capacity and a 70-litre spreading capacity, allowing it to cover up to 21.3 hectares in one hour. Its dual atomized nozzles provide efficient spraying action and reduce over-fertilization. It also has an advanced obstacle avoidance system that allows it to fly safely and autonomously.
2. DJI Agras T30 The DJI Agras T30 is another efficient crop spraying drone that comes with a 30-litre tank and a 40-litre spreading tank. Its unique spraying system is especially effective for treating fruit-bearing trees, and with its 16-nozzle layout, and improved plunger pump, the T30 has great spraying penetration and reduces drift. this drone spray range of 9 meters and can cover 40 acres of land in one hour. It also has a spherical radar system for obstacle avoidance.
3. DJI Agras T10 The Agras T10 is a smaller version of the T30, with an 8-litre tank and a spray system with 4 nozzles that can spray 2.4 litres per minute. It can also be fitted with a spreader that has a maximum capacity of 8kg and a spreading width of 7 meters. It is the lightest and smallest crop-spraying drone, perfect for spraying small areas of land.
4. DJI Agras T20 The Agras T20 comes with a 20-litre spraying tank and uses a digital omnidirectional radar system for obstacle avoidance. It has 8 nozzles that can spray 6 litres per minute and has a maximum spray width of 7 meters. The drone can spray 30 acres in one hour and uses GPS correctional technology to precisely fly along a pre-programmed route.
5. DJI Agras T16 The T16 is similar to the DJI Agras T20, with a smaller 16-litre tank and an 8-nozzle spray system drone that has a spray width of 6.5 meters and a maximum spray rate of 4.8 litres per minute. It uses DBF radar for obstacle avoidance and can spray 24 acres in one hour.
6. XAG XPlanet Spray & Spreading Drone The XPlanet crop spraying drone from XAG comes with a 20-litre tank and uses its proprietary spray mechanism that atomizes droplets. Its powerful downward draft reduces drift and increases chemical coverage on the crops. The drone can be mounted with XAG’s JetSeed™ Granule Spreading System, which will allow farmers to spread different types of seeds and fertilizers. It uses RTK GNSS technology for precision flying and advanced 4D radar imaging for obstacle avoidance.
7. XAG P30 Plant Protection The P30 is a crop-spraying drone that uses RTK technology to precisely navigate its route and only spray in the designated area. The drone has an IP65 rating, making it dust and waterproof, and has a tank that can carry 16 litres of liquid. It can cover around 14 hectares of land in one hour.
8. The eBee AG
The eBee Ag Series is an affordable fixed-wing agriculture drone equipped with dual RGB and multispectral cameras, allowing for efficient crop mapping. It has a flight time of up to 55 minutes and can cover 160 hectares/395 acres in a single flight. With RTK, it can achieve a ground sampling distance of 2.5 cm/1 inch, providing critical data for monitoring field health and detecting diseases early.